GREEN-STONE™ concrete provides engineered concrete mixes designed for placement and curing of concrete in warm temperature.
There are several challenges in concreting in hot weather such as:
- Rapid setting of concrete which reduces the time for placement and finishing
- Decreases slump and workability due to higher rate of hydration
- Decreased 28 day compressive strength due to changes in water quantity accessible for hydration
- Plastic shrinkage cracking due to surface evaporation
- Thermal cracking due to temperature differential
These challenges have to be addresses especially as the level of construction works increases in the long and warm summer days.